Monday, March 12, 2012

EBusiness BPO: Agents goes TEAM BUILDING



March 3, 2012 at 8:45am. Some of my agents were roaming around the production floor. It was as if they are waiting for a child to be born. Excitement and the boredom of waiting causes tension. I can feel it. People who were still taking calls were pressured. The rest of the team are waiting for them. An agent was announcing every minute that passed by. I was jumpy already. Our GL, was going through the calls as fast as he can but as detailed as possible. He wished, he was not doing the Q.A. for the calls that day. It was a dreadful fifteen minutes. We cannot do anything. We have to wait until nine in the morning.

I handle up to forty people. Our Team is called the Individual accounts. These are accounts with three to five agents assembled to a macro team of forty agents. I am the Supervisor, tasked to maintain, organize, discipline and make this multi-LOB productive. Nine in the morning was our departure time. Eight fifty nine, sixty seconds before we logged out. Everyone was on their toes - I was!

Team Buildings, have been a traditional yearly or biyearly events for call center agents and their respective teams. A time to bond. A time to travel as a group and get to know each other apart from the daily routine of taking calls/work. An event wherein agents and the supervisor walk on the same level. An event to open doors leading to better communication and understanding.

Twelve noon - March 3, 2012. Our team arrived at Hidden valley in Pinamungahan Cebu. We reached the place after an hour an a half on the road. Preparation for the departure took a bit longer. The reason? Ninety percent of my agents are female. Figure it out!

The place is called Hidden Valley. Well, you really have to have that intention to go there because it is hidden. Let's just say the road going there is not that admirable. It is a country side. However, once you reach the resort every inconvenience would melt away. The staff is very friendly (especially the front desk staff Ate Nin). The place being on top of the mountain gives you an unlimited view of green scenery. The air is so fresh. It is so amazing. I did not have to wait for instruction nor a guide. I immediately went to the pool and tried the water. Guess what? It's spring water - fresh and very cold. Ahhh... Heaven! At night you can only hear the sound of nature. The nasty sound of the city cannot reach this place. You would really feel privacy within the bosom of Mother Nature herself.

So enough with the place and start with the results. The activity   indeed gave the team a time to talk. An open forum was held at night wherein everybody was asked to expressed their opinion about the team. I gave the people that I was handling an opportunity to tell me who I am to them. I learned about my strong points and weak points. Also, the event gave me the time to talk to them about company expectations and demands that are necessary for the team to move forward and be more productive. Things like over breaks were given a degree of attention that agents realized they need to commit themselves in preventing it. We ended up the three hour forum with promises to fulfill our own tasks so that the team would move and grow.

The event only lasted for twenty four hours. But the bond that the team has became better. We can now in a way understand each other. As their supervisor, I learned things that I will carry throughout my career. I am proud that I have my team. Thank you E-Business for sponsoring such an event.











if you want to see the place: Note these are not my shots




prices:


Disclosure: the author has not been paid to endorse nor to promote the resort and the cooperative that handles it

1 comment:

angel said...

hahaha,,i still remember that time...hopefully we can do it again..

Powered By Blogger